Monday, October 10, 2022
6:30 – 8:00 pm: Business Meeting / Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
1UponVaping Virtual Environment, Gaming and Effectiveness
The presentation/demonstration and discussion will include the following:
- The presentation will begin with a discussion of Virtual Environment and Gaming
- Discussion of the pros and cons/advantages and disadvantages of Virtual environments and Gamification
- The 1UpOnVaping product will be demonstrated and the evaluation results discussed based on the use of the product
- Participants who have created or used Virtual environments and Gamification will be asked to provide their input regarding the pros and cons of these products and any product evaluation results and how it impacted the users.
This meeting will be available synchronously via Zoom.
To virtually attend the meeting:
- The connection should be available by about 6:20 p.m.
- Go to: https://stthomas.zoom.us
- Select: Join Meeting.
- Enter this meeting id: 2142709060 and Join.
- You may wish to select Test computer mic and speakers.
- Select: Join Audio Conference.
Using headphones usually provides better sound quality than relying on your computer’s speakers. Please keep in mind that we do not have the resources to provide professional-quality audio and video. The connection should be available by about 6:20 p.m. on the day of the meeting. DLF is an all-volunteer/free organization. We cannot provide technical support and are not directly affiliated with UST. Please do not contact UST if you experience problems signing in.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Carole Bagley, PHD, President, Consultant and Team Leader: The Technology Group, Inc. and Distinguished Service Professor- prior full time position and currently adjunct at the University of St Thomas. With more than 30 years in the field of instructional technology, Dr. Bagley has made significant contributions to the field with the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (MECC), Control Data Corporation – Plato project, MN Dept. of Corrections schools, Future Kids, ISPI, ASCD, ELearn, Serious Play, Mindquest Virtual School, numerous public, private & charter schools, US Govt., numerous corporations & law firms. Dr. Bagley has provided e-Learning leadership, expertise in e-Learning & face2face learning design, technology integration, strategic planning, change management & workflow change, workshops, seminars, publications and keynote presentations for numerous professional organizations and school districts and internationally in Australia, Tanzania, Scotland & Russia. Dr. Bagley has been the recipient of numerous honors: Outstanding International ISPI (Intl. Society for Performance Improvement) member, Outstanding Computer Based Education Professional for ASTD, Keynote address at Global E-Learning International Best Practice Conference, Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.
Projects have included a $4M inter-agency blended/e-learning Pharmacy project with the DOD, a project that evaluated and selected a Virtual World platform for the US Dept. of Emergency Mgmt, numerous on-line technology training products for law firms, and 2 Tobacco Prevention virtual environments/games for upper elementary and for middle school/lower high school students and an evaluation that showed significant performance improvement.