Monday, January 8, 2018
6:30 – 8:00 pm: Business Meeting / Program
NOTE: This program will be delivered on-line only. We will not be meeting at McNeely Hall. Details are below.
- The connection should be available by about 6:20 p.m.
- Go to: https://stthomas.zoom.us. If you have never used Zoom before, you may first need to select RUN and it will download the Zoom application.
- Select: Join a Meeting.
- Enter this meeting id: 2142709060 and Join.
- You may wish to select Test computer mic and speakers.
- Select: Join Audio Conference by Computer.
- At top or bottom of screen on the black bar, select Mute so that only the presenter will be speaking.
- Select Chat on the black bar to open the chat window.
Using headphones usually provides better sound quality than relying on your computer’s speakers. Please keep in mind that we do not have the resources to provide professional-quality audio and video. The connection should be available by about 6:20 p.m. on the day of the meeting. DLF is an all-volunteer/free organization. We cannot provide technical support and are not directly affiliated with UST. Please do not contact UST if you experience problems signing in.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Mobile Learning: What You Need to Know
It’s a given: designing courses for mobile delivery is different from designing for the desktop. But how is it different?
Innovative Learning Group Lead Instructional Designer and Learning Consultant Susan Fisher and Lead Programmer and Learning Technology Consultant Matt Kurtin will provide answers to the questions ILG commonly hears from clients considering mobile learning. Questions they’ll answer include:
- When I design courses for mobile delivery, do I need to think differently?
- Can I quickly convert traditional e-learning for consumption on a mobile device?
- What screen design considerations do I need to keep in mind when developing for mobile?
- Do the terms “responsive” and “adaptive” design mean the same thing?
- Do I need to customize mobile learning for different devices and platforms?
- Which tools should I use to design and develop mobile courses quickly?
- How do I test mobile learning?
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Susan Fisher is a lead instructional designer and learning consultant at Innovative Learning Group. She has over 30 years’ experience designing and developing workplace learning and performance support solutions. Susan is experienced in instructor-led training, e-learning, performance support, information architecture, learning portal design, and mobile learning.Susan has presented at several industry events, including the Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase, mLearnCon, the ATD International Conference & Exposition, THE Performance Improvement Conference, and the Performance Support Symposium.
Matt Kurtin is a lead programmer and learning technology consultant at Innovative Learning Group. He has 20 years’ experience developing e-learning courses and learning management systems. Matt leads ILG’s mobile learning strategy and delivery efforts, and has developed numerous mobile applications and courses. Matt has presented various technology topics at several industry events, including the Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase, FocusOn Learning, DevLearn, and the Online Learning Conference.